Last week saw some exciting updates in the mecha community:
- Tim Popelier announced he is working with Emerson Tung on the Tankhead art book. Tung is lead graphic artist at iD Software who created the Tankhead science fiction mecha universe.
- Speaking of Emerson Tung, Heavy Metal magazine conducted an interview with him on about the forth-coming Tankhead and the Never War.
- Early access game Dual Gear by Orbital Speed Studio Ltd released on Steam. It is on sale, 20% off through 08/04/2020.
- Ksen released robot sketch 115.
- HLJ.com has December preorders up for four figures from Obsolete, the YouTube Originals mecha series. Prices range from $17.62 – $24.66 USD (prices will vary due to international exchange rates.)
- Bo Hacking released the Morphonauts Kickstarter Wave 2 with a modest goal of $50,000. Morphonauts are articulated figures that use patented magnetic joints for easily swapping parts.
- Rattapoom Kotchapong demonstrated 3D scanning at the King Mongkut University of Technology North Bangkok campus using his original mecha figures.
- Mecha Knights: Nightmare continues development. Damian Kubiak is adding destructible trees to the latest build. Mecha Knights is a mecha action shooter scheduled for an Autumn 2020 release on Steam.
- Rebelminis is sending out the first reward survey from the Motorpool Kickstarter by email. Motorpool backers should expect to see a message from Wargames Vault soon.